Feel free to submit your Zion National Park photograph and you could win a 2 night stay in one of Springdale’s luxurious accommodations, including the Novel House Inn, Zion Park Best Western, The Majestic View Lodge and The Cliff Rose Lodge and Gardens.Seasonal winners also get a $250.00 cash prize. The closing date for the ALL 2013 entries is March 16th 2014
Terms and Conditions
1) ‘‘Zion Canyon Amateur 4 Seasons Photo Contest’ is an annual photographic competition open to everyone except those involved in its organization and committee members of the Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau and local community.( i.e. Springdale, Rockville & Virgin).
2) Entries must have been taken in Zion Canyon area.
3) Entries must have been taken within the two years immediately prior to the closing date and incorporate any view of Zion National Park.
4) All entries must be submitted digitally (scans from film are acceptable) and must be uploaded via or emailed to No entries will be accepted by mail or disc. No digital files will be returned, but all low-resolution images, apart from those short-listed, will be destroyed after the close of the competition.
5) The closing date for the ALL 2013 entries is March 16th 2014
6) A maximum total of 1 image per entrant may be submitted per season.
7) Each season winner, will be the person whose image is selected as the best by the judging panel from the Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau.
8) Initial entry.Image files should be uploaded to the site as jpegs, gifs or png. When resizing your pictures, please makesure that you do not overwrite your original file. You must ensure that you upload your images in the correct orientation.No responsibility can be taken by Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau. for images that are submitted backwards or incorrectly orientated.Black & white images are acceptable.
9) File naming protocol.Please name your photograph with your surname, initial & image number.For example, if your name is John Smith you would write smithj01.jpg.Please do not include capital letters, spaces or any other characters in your file names. All images will be cross-referenced, by Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau, with a unique identifying number, so that the judging is completely anonymous and based on the image alone.When you upload your images, you will be asked for additional and personal information. This will not be used for judging purposes.
10) File sizes. a) Images must not exceed 1MBb) Images that have been scanned from transparencies or negatives are eligible
11) Digital adjustments. Digital adjustments, including High Dynamic Range (HDR) imaging techniques, are allowed. The integrity of the image must bemaintained and the making of physical changes to the landscape is not permittedThe Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau reserve the right to disqualify any image that they feel lacks authenticity due to over-manipulation.
12) Copies. Please ensure that you keep copies of submitted images. The Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau will take all reasonable steps to ensure the safe storage and back-up of entries, but cannot be held responsible for exceptional circumstances including Acts of God.
13) Judging.All images will be assessed by Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau Board Members.All winners will be contacted by email.Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau cannot be held responsible for emails or images that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.Each seasonal winners will be published on the ZionPark website at the conclusion of each season.
14) Prizes.Seasonal PrizesThe entrant, who creates the entry deemed by the judges to be the single best image, for each seasonal category.$250.00 cash2 night stay (subject to availability - open for 1 year)* Winter winners get a 2 night stay at The Novel House Inn at Zion ( )* Spring winners get a 2 night stay at Best Western Zion Park Inn
( )* Summer winners get a 2 night stay at The Cliffrose Lodge ( )* Fall winners get a 2 night stay at The Majestic View Lodge ( ) Inclusion on the Zion Park website and in the Zion Park brochure ( 30,000 copies distributed world wide annually.) Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau reserves the right to change prizes to ones of comparable value if required by unforeseen circumstances. Any such changes will be posted on the competition website. Prizes are not transferable.
15) Copyright and permissions. By submitting images to Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau each entrant confirms and warrants that:a) they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;b) they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;c) they have the permission with written waiver of those pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau and will indemnify Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;d) they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau; and they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau #16 and will indemnify Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
16) By entering the competition, you grant Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau's a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose connected with the competition. This may include, but is not limited to:a) inclusion in the Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau website (www.zionpark.com)b) for use in press releases to be distributed to national, regional & specialist press giving information about or promoting thecompetition; andc) for use in the Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau brochure which is distributed nationally and internationally.For any use that falls outside this remit, royalties will be discussed & negotiated with the photographer concerned.Copyright of each image is retained by its respective photographer.Finalists agree to take part in post-competition publicity.For clarity, submitted images may be used to promote the ‘Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau’,
17) Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau reserves the right to remove any entries from the competition that it feels may breach orcontravene laws of public decency or may bring the photographer into disrepute. Such entries will be deemed as void.
18) The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence regarding reason or decision will be entered into. Should the entries in any seasonal contest fall below the standard required by the competition Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau reserve the right not to award prizes.
19) All images must be uploaded, via the Zionpark.com website, following the on-screen instructions or emailed to email@example.com. Any queries should be directed to
20) The information given in these Terms and Conditions is correct, but Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau reserves the right to change any of the above without prior notice. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred, but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the Zion Canyon Visitors Bureau may request the return of that prize.